- 3 eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar (this imparts a pleasant caramel taste)
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ of a cup of almond flour
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Lightly grease and flour a 10" springform pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar together for a few minutes, until the mix has turned a pale yellow.
- Add butter and extracts and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and salt and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the flours and baking powder. Pour into greased pan.
- Optionally, dust the top with sugar and spice prior to baking.
- Bake for a little over an hour.
- Allow to cool, then put cake in head.